After purchasing land in 1950 from Calder Estates, the villagers held dances, whist drives, jumble sales, etc over the next 9 or 10 years to raise money for the building of the Village Hall.
The main part of the hall, built by T H Atkinson, was opened on 6 February 1959 with later extensions to the kitchen in 1974 and to the main hall in 1979.
A couple of Photos of the first bricks being laid taken by Fred Atkinson.
S Kilvington’s grandfather
S Kilvington’s grandfather laying the first brick (Oldest person in the village at the time).
This is the original interior of the hall before the extension in 1979.
More information coming soon………………..